At ICON, we create the tools and technology to help everyone from elite athletes focused on their next big day to beginners getting ready for day one, to move more, move better, and move forward.
We are currently seeking an experienced Video Engineer to join our content team. This individual will be responsible for providing technical guidance and support to our production team.
Our ideal candidate must have an expert knowledge of engineering workflows, problem solving processes, and multi-camera video production.
- Oversee engineering needs for iFit video productions
- Create standard policies and procedures for engineering department
- Manage multi-camera equipment and studio gear
- Engineer unique solutions that address video production needs
- Assemble A/V production equipment
- Build production cables
- Troubleshoot technical issues in-studio
- Design efficient paths for cable runs throughout the studio
- Install and label video router
- Manage returns and repairs for studio equipment
- Recommend solutions to increase production output, efficiency, and reliability
- Stay current on emerging technology trends relevant to multi-camera productions
- Other duties as assigned
Who you will be working with
- Reports to the Director of Content, and will collaborate with editors, producers, photographers, and other content creators
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience in television/video production
- Expert knowledge of multi-camera-production engineering, data management, equipment compatibility, and production workflow
- Project management and budgeting skills
- Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite
- General knowledge of Media Encoder, HLS, codecs, and optimum export settings for web, tv, and app delivery
- Basic understanding of post procedures such as transcoding, media management, audio mixing, color correction, and file transfer technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude, team player
- Diligent, flexible, and highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Experience as a Technical Director
- Familiar with Black Magic multicam and production setups
- Working in beautiful Cache Valley with access to an exceptional outdoor lifestyle, a university campus nearby, and the chance to test the fitness products we create
- Great health benefits and long-term savings plans
- Highly competitive salaries based upon experience
- A PTO policy that ensures you’re able to find a happy work-life balance
- Access to cutting-edge technology and hardware
- Collaborative work space and environment
- A free beverage center and snack bar to keep you hydrated and fueled throughout the day
Founded in 1979, ICON Health & Fitness is the world’s largest fitness manufacturer. We are known best by our best-in-class consumer fitness brands which include NordicTrack, ProForm, iFit, Gold’s Gym, FreeMotion, Weslo, Weider, iFit and Altra. Our brands are distributed through hundreds of the world’s best.
"We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."