The Field Service Manager performs a wide variety of technical and relationship building activities for key, strategic and/or escalated accounts in support of current and future sales. Must live in the following states: CT, FL, GA MD, NJ, PA SC or VA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership of the assigned region
- Manage the service and maintenance of Freemotion Fitness products at customer locations in assigned region; ensure work is carried out following company policies.
- Mentor service providers on technical and interpersonal skills as well as company policies and procedures
- Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering quality and courteous support in a timely manner.
- Ensure all service calls are documented (start to completion) and Service Reports are properly completed and submitted in accordance with Established procedures.
- Properly recruits, manages and evaluates 3rd party network of Service Technicians from receipt of work order to closure.
- Reviews survey results and provides feedback and training to 3rd party is and internal technicians.
- Follows up with 3rd party companies, technicians and customers on service calls and level of service provided.
- Communicates all technical information to 3rd parties or internal technicians to ensure up to date information is out in the field in a timely manner.
- Identifies and analyzes product/equipment failure trends throughout the product life cycle, along with sources of customer dissatisfaction, to determine root cause and then takes corrective actions to ensure customer brand loyalty
- Reviews customer maintenance schedules/procedures and recommends adjustments when appropriate to improve product uptime and overall customer satisfaction.
- Works cross functionally to ensure all activities/projects for key, strategic and/or escalated accounts are being completed on time and to customer’s full satisfaction
- Works cross functionally with Quality Department to identify equipment problems and develop rework procedures
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems (if applicable).
- Manages team of Field Service Technicians (if applicable).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Spend a minimum of 33% of you time in the field visiting service providers and end user customers to foster strong relationships and identify business opportunities.
- Focal point for all service activates associated with assigned region
- Strong organizational, leadership, communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Proven team leader with successful track record of resolving problems quickly
- Drives positive customer experiences in the service process by contacting customers and obtaining feedback of provided service
- Ability to author and understand technical documentation
- Collaborates with Manager in the development of service providers KPI goals, objectives and performance assessment.
- Monitors and uses KPI metrics for service related topics to drive improved performance.
- Collaborate with other Regional Managers to ensure countrywide customer satisfaction.
- Minimum Technical Associates degree or equivalent hands on technical experience
- Prior Management experience
- 5 years of field service related experience
- Prior customer interface experience
- 5 years’ experience with in-field repair with procedures for electro/mechanical equipment to include standard troubleshooting and diagnostic methods
- Strong technical skills required
- PC Skills include use of MS-Excel, MS-Powerpoint, MS-Word
Job Specific Competencies
- Organizational Savvy - Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization.
- Sense of Urgency - Prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines.
- Decision Making/Judgment - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others.
- Integrity/Ethics - Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, conveys good news and bad.
- Results Focus - Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
- Planning - Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others.
- Developing Others - Sets challenging and productive goals for team, keeps team accountable for actions, provides leadership and motivation, provides resources and support, uses checkpoints and data to track progress, sets up systems and processes to measure results.
The pay for this job would be $60,000 per year.
"We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."