As the Data Analyst, you will be designing and building reports to provide insights into our overall Business Planning process, Your work will include reporting on operational KPI’s, with the emphasis on identifying and championing initiatives to improve overall business performance.
Integral to this role are competencies in building and maintaining reporting/dashboards, acquiring/preparing data for ad hoc analysis, business modeling, and management communication. A large portion of your time will be spent on high level analysis with your recommendations directly shaping our overall business strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following.
- Work closely with Data Services Developers to create visualizations in one of our three reporting platforms (SSRS, Excel, and WebFOCUS BI).
- Manage/Develop WebFOCUS which includes creating and maintaining reports and dashboards for our different business groups.
- Review, maintain, and develop SQL & MDX queries.
- Support our existing reporting Excel/SSRS platform, including debugging queries and triaging data issues.
- Perform deep level data analysis and interpretation of data for recommendations to management.
- Assist in the development of management reviews, ensure the correct data and metrics are available, ensure proper participation at the senior management level, and assist in documenting risks and opportunities and help drive decision making for all key issues.
- Develop tracking tools to categorize and manage exceptions to intended plans.
- Participate in identification of data quality issues and proposal of solutions.
- Deliver timely and accurate scheduled reporting (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) reporting.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related computer field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years hands-on experience with MS T-SQL, Management Studio, Visual Studio, and SSRS.
- Outstanding communication and documentation skills.
- Experience developing SSRS reports, Excel pivot tables and creating quality visualizations for management reporting.
- Knowledge of MDX query language is a plus.
- Experience with WebFOCUS BI is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Strong analytical skills, data presentation and technical capabilities.
- Detail oriented, meticulous and accurate in completing tasks on time.
"We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."