The R&D Department is looking for an engineering project manager to work on new advanced development projects. The Project Manager will work under the direction of the Product Line Manager and will focus on new product development from conception throughout the entire project life cycle.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work with other departments and be the driver ensuring all projects stay on schedule and within budget and scope
- Identify project gaps and potential risks
- Compile and communicate project reports and updates
- Daily communication (both scheduled and unscheduled) with vendors in different time zones
- Focus on quality for the end consumer
- Troubleshooting electronic hardware and software down to the component level to determine cause and remedy of any malfunction
- Emphasis on design to cost and design for manufacturing
- Insure designs are compliant with FCC, BQB and other certification agencies
- Create and manage Bills of Materials and other release and production documentation
- Design, build, test and debug prototype circuit boards, firmware, test fixtures and production equipment
- Knowledge or an interest in wearable devices or consumer electronics
- Familiarity with a variety of sensing technologies such as strain gauges and accelerometers
- Other duties may be assigned.
Leads and direct the work of others. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Technology or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong drive for project results and project completion
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Effective positive communication: strong written and oral communication skills using all available communication tools; fluency in Mandarin a plus, but not a requirement
- Work well with other departments and all levels of management
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve and innovate
- Ability to work autonomously while maintaining a high-level of transparency
- Ability to function effectively in a high-stress fast paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work overtime as needed to maintain project schedule and for communication with different time zones
- PCB layout skills and ability to read schematics preferred
- Experience in embedded systems preferred
"We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."