Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes. Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze testing needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. This is a entry level position.
- Active Learning Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Active Listening Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Learning Strategies Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things
Complex Problem Solving Skills
- Complex Problem Solving Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Quality Control Analysis Conducint tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures.
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability.
- Document test procedures to ensure replicability and compliance with standards.
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems, or network environments.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Analyze testing needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Will supervise the automation technicians
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related.
- C# or Java experience
- Experience with version control system Git
- Familiarity with Visual Studio and/or Xamarin Studio
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux command line
- Python experience
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
"We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."