Digital fitness streaming service, iFIT, has an immediate opening in their Post Production Department for a Digital Media Specialist. This position will require a focused and detail-oriented technician who will ingest terabytes of new footage from teams around the globe. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in the film industry and experience with managing digital media. This candidate will also be called upon to assist with quality control of videos produced for iFIT, so he or she must have an extensive knowledge of the film industry, a creative eye, and sound technical abilities for post production editing.
Applicants must live in or be willing to relocate to Logan, Utah.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage multiple media formats, such as video, audio, music, and still image files, etc.
- Catalog and archive thousands of files using an established naming convention and folder structure
- Write automated scripts to assist with regular backups of current projects
- Have a deep understanding of PC and Mac computer platforms
- Knowledge and understanding of multiple file systems (i.e.- NTFS, HFS, EXFAT, etc.)
- Have a deep understanding of digital archival best practices for short and long terms (both hard drive- and tape-based systems)
- Be meticulously organized with workflow and file management
- Previous experience with professional video editing
- Previous experience with film production methods
- Knowledge of camera systems a bonus
- Help with maintaining updates to physical systems, software, tools
- Utilize Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience working at / with a post production facility
- Expert knowledge of post-production process, data management, and high capacity storage systems
- Advanced knowledge of Media Encoder, HLS, codecs, and optimum export settings for web, tv, and app delivery
- Knowledge of general post abilities such as transcoding, media management, audio mixing, color correction, and file transfer technologies
- Stay current on new and emerging post and production technology trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent, flexible, and highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple projects / tasks independently
Reports to Post Production Manager, and will collaborate with Video Editors, Producers, Photographers, Image Retouchers, and other Content Creators
- Working in beautiful Cache Valley with access to an exceptional outdoor lifestyle, a university campus nearby, and the chance to test the fitness products we create
- Great health benefits and long-term savings plans
- Highly competitive salaries based upon experience
- A PTO policy that ensures you’re able to find a happy work-life balance
- Access to cutting-edge technology and hardware
- Collaborative work space and environment
- A free beverage center and snack bar to keep you hydrated and fueled throughout the day
"We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."