At NordicTrack, we create the tools and technology to help everyone from elite athletes focused on their next big day to beginners getting ready for day one, to move more, move better and move forward.
We’re on the hunt for a prolific Senior Copywriter to join our team and lead the charge in evangelizing the NordicTrack brand to the world as the most effective and intelligent fitness experience available.
Primary responsibilities include the development of all copy for packaged goods, Internet, point-of-purchase, videos, advertising and other marketing support materials.
- Sell products through the power of words
- Prepare copy for both technical and creative tasks
- Proof/edit copy prior to providing the copy to designers
- Develop copy that is appropriate for the brand and our customers
- Prioritize and write copy for feature and benefit (F&B) documents, websites, brochures, POPs, and all other marketing materials such as product video scripts
- Develop an in-depth understanding of NordicTrack’s products, pricing strategies and unique retailer requirements
- Sign-off on all copy projects
- Ensure the grammatical accuracy of copy prior to production
- Proof/edit copy once it has been included in a design project
- Maintain grammatical standards that are consistent with the company’s mission
- Align copy and product naming with the company’s brand standards and strategies
- Shepherd the evolution of the brand narrative and maintain a current copy style guide for the NordicTrack brand
- Own storytelling on our blog
- Accept other writing tasks as assigned
Who you will be working with
- Reports to the Brand Manager. Ultimately accountable for the quality and creativity of the written word produced by NordicTrack’s marketing team.
What your history might look like
- Must have previous experience writing to a consumer audience
- Must have a B.A. or B.S. in related field
- Must possess excellent grammatical and punctuation skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel or Google equivalents
- Must have flexible work schedule for projects that go beyond 9-5
- Working in beautiful Cache Valley with access to an exceptional outdoor lifestyle, a university campus nearby, and the chance to test the fitness products we create
- Great health benefits and long-term savings plans
- Highly competitive salaries based upon experience
- A PTO policy that ensures you’re able to find a happy work to life balance
- Access to cutting-edge technology and hardware
- Collaborative work space and environment
- A free beverage center and snack bar to keep you hydrated and fueled throughout the day
Founded in 1979, ICON Health & Fitness is the world’s largest fitness manufacturer. We are known best by our best-in-class consumer fitness brands which include NordicTrack, ProForm, iFit, Gold’s Gym, FreeMotion, Weslo, Weider, iFit and Altra. Our brands are distributed through hundreds of the world’s best retailers.
"We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."